How can I get a server?
- Register on this site.
- Leave a comment on any post asking for your own server. Or go into Dashboard and send me a PM. Just ask for a sub-domain name, and I’ll get you setup. You will have to run the install yourself, unless you request otherwise, but since this is supposed to be a learning experience, I suggest you at least try it.
- Make a good case why I should let you use my 2 gb disk space.
The rule book for running a server here is quite simple.
- Keep your bandwidth usage down. Edit your photos to a reasonable size, or call them from a host such as Google drive.
- Limit you content to something that isn’t against the law. If I have to specify, then you don’t have any common sense and you probably shouldn’t consider getting a site here.
- This will anger many folks, but if you are a liberal, left-wing, democrat, environmentalist, or if you believe that America isn’t the greatest nation on earth, walk away now. You might say I am discriminating and the answer is yes I am. You have every right to express your opinions, just no right to use my machinery.
- If you are not an American, sorry, hit the road. Except for a few folks I know personally.
Those are the only rules at this time. Of course I reserve the right to change them at any time, but, I will always make folks aware in advance.
Follow Tim on Twitter @tl1000rzx2
Or check out my other blog: THE Tablet Test Server